Low Carb, Low Calorie Pizza
by Abby Austin
Let’s be honest.. who doesn’t love pizza? What about a pizza that’s healthy for you?
Cauliflower pizza crust with all the freshest veggies
- 2 cups grated cauliflower (half a head)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/4 cup shredded part skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onions
- Fresh basil
1. Preheat oven to 425. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash, then grate the cauliflower with a box grater until you have 2 cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for 7 minutes, until soft. Remove, let cool.
3. Mix in egg, 1 cup mozzarella, Parmesan cheese, and pepper. Once blended, transfer to the baking sheet and pat into a 10 inch circle. Spray sparsely with non-stick spray, then bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
4. Add sauce and desired toppings (1/4 cup mozzarella, sliced grape tomatoes, red pepper flakes, chopped onions).
5. Bake in oven for 10 mins, until melted. Top with basil, then serve.
April 06, 2017
March 30, 2017